CHOMP! Views

Friday, January 3, 2014

Whiskey Cake Brunching

Before we left for Canyon Lake for the Christmas holiday, we finally made it back to Whiskey Cake for brunch. We've wanted to go ever since they changed up their french toast option. :)

Whiskey Cake
3601 Dallas Pkwy
Plano, TX 75093
(972) 993-2253
whiskey-cake.com
Price: $$

We went on a Saturday about 1PM, the place was still super packed. Good thing I called ahead so we were seated pretty quickly.

Of course we ordered the French Toast Switch-Up (seasonal fruits layered with something the chef likes) $11~ 
The current french toast is loaded with Greek yogurt, fresh blackberries and strawberries, and pure maple syrup. It was such a pretty plate. All the different colors and textures looked so delicious. And it was. The french toast was soft but still had a griddled crust. I liked the blend of the berries with the yogurt. It was sweet and tangy and the flavors balanced well. I still liked their last french toast with the nectarines better. But definitely have no complaints about this one!!

My bf also got the Corned Beef & Caramelized Fontina (slaw, louie aioli, brioche) $12~ 
I had a different idea of the dish when he ordered it. I had mistaken it to be something else. So I was pleasantly surprised. This was so good. The bread was soft yet held up really well to the filling. The corned beef was salty but the caramelized fontina and the slaw contrasted the saltiness and worked really well together. We both loved it and fought over every bite. haha.

Delicata Squash (roasted with gorgonzola, pepitas, garlic, fresh herbs). 
I had seen Whiskey Cake post a picture of this on their facebook page months ago. I was so happy that they still had it. It was everything I dreamed it would be. The squash was roasted nicely so it was sweet and tender with a slight char. The topping of blue cheese, pumpkin seeds and bread crumbs were awesome. Salty, creamy, crunchy... equals NOM! We fought over this as well.
**Side note: I went for dinner last night and got this again. It's SOOOO good!

It was a fantastic brunch. A great way to start the holiday break. I can't wait for the next time we go back. And I look forward to them changing up the menu again.

Quality of Food:
Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:




~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment