CHOMP! Views

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Brunch at Smoke

I'd have to say brunch is probably my favorite meal of the day. My bf and I were on our way to Ft. Worth this past Saturday for a wedding so we stopped at Smoke for some brunch! Ever since we went the first time, he's been wanting to go again. Can't blame the guy. It was soooo good! :)

Smoke
901 Fort Worth Ave.
Dallas, TX 75208
(214) 393-4141
www.smokerestaurant.com
Price (for brunch): $$

We arrived around 12:30PM. My sister and her bf had already checked in with the hostess and she told them it was a 45 minute wait! :( But I'm hungry now! haha. But like last time, they quoted us some ridiculous wait time but it was so much shorter than that. Within 10 minutes from our arrival, we were seated. Woohoo!

My bf knew exactly what he wanted. Smoked Brisket Cornbread Hash (with poached egg and green chili rajas) $14~ 
Same thing he got last time. It was really good, I totally would have it again. And this time it didn't disappoint. He gobbled it up so fast... This dish just has so much flavor and texture. The soft poached egg with the smoky brisket and slightly crunchy cornbread. I'd say this is the best dish on the brunch menu.

Hungry Bear Smoked Ham Steak & Farm Egg Fritter (with sweet corn griddlecake and Dr. Pepper Red Eye gravy) $12~ 
 
I had several options but chose this one. The farm egg fritter really sounded interesting. Turns out it was a poached egg that's breaded and fried. YUM-O! It was definitely a sweet and savory dish. Totally up my alley. The ham was savory and smoky with a hint of sweetness. Plus the slight sweetness from the corn in the griddlecake. And I really enjoyed the Dr. Pepper gravy. It was a lot of food. I had to leave some ham and griddlecake on the plate because I was full! Oh no! :P I enjoyed the combination, however, I think they should do a version with their thick cut bacon instead of the ham steaks. hehehe.

The Full Monte (steak, eggs, biscuit, potato cakes and peppercorn gravy) $15~ 
My sister and her bf shared this because it had a little bit of everything. They were awesome and split the plate for them (so the picture is only a half portion). I got to try a bite of a few things. The steak was a bit overcooked since he liked it more medium well (we like it med rare, so they settled on medium). The potato cakes were kind of hard, not a fan. But they seemed to enjoy the overall plate.

They also got some sides to share:
Thick Cut Pork Belly Bacon $3.50~ If you love bacon, can't go wrong with this. I think ALL restaurants should serve bacon like this. Thick cut and tons of flavor.

Cheese Grits-Hominy Casserole $3.50~ Tried this for the first time. The addition of hominy was interesting and good. It added an extra texture in the grits. And it was cheesy and creamy. Went well with my ham steaks.

Once again it was a great brunch. We thought this time we'd try their desserts but didn't have room... haha. Oh well, that just means we have to return another time!

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:




~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment