CHOMP! Views

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Dive Coastal Cuisine

I've known about Dive for awhile now and never had the chance to go. Last week I met up with a friend for lunch so I suggested this place.

Dive Coastal Cuisine
3404 Rankin St.
Dallas, TX 75205
(214) 891-1700
http://www.dive-dallas.com
Price: $$-$$$

It's located in Snider Plaza. Business during lunch is really good! It was tough to find parking. We got there just in time and was able to find a table. It filled up soon after that. You order at the counter and they bring the food out to you.

Everything sounded so good but I've always seen pictures of their wraps so I thought I'd give that a try. I got the Curry Shrimp Wrap (coconut rice, greens, granny smith apples, cucumber, creamy curry dressing; in a spinach tortilla) $13~
Every part of this sounded awesome. It was super fresh. There were plenty of greens which I really liked. The shrimp was jumbo and cooked well. The best is the curry dressing with the wrap. It added a richness and flavor to the freshness of the other ingredients. I also liked that they pan fried the wrap. It made the tortilla a little crispy on the outside. For the price, I thought the portion was too small. For $13 it should at least come with a side or something. Although it ended up being quite filling. I would totally eat this again.

My friend got the Seared Ahi Tuna Wrap (ginger slaw, cucumber, avocado, coconut rice with sweet chili and ponzu sauce; in a spinach tortilla) $13~ This is one of their most popular dishes. The color of the tuna against the greens was beautiful. He said it was really good. I just might have to try it for myself next time.

We also got the Shrimp & Tuna Tartare (cucumber, tomatoes, guacamole; served with house-made plantain chips). It had a different name on the menu but I can't remember what it was or the price... 
The tartare had a lot of flavor. A touch of acidity from lemon juice, a hint of spice and a creaminess from the guac. The plantain chips were fried perfectly. Super crispy but wasn't greasy. A good compliment to the tartare.

I really enjoyed the food. Everything was tasty and really fresh. I just think the prices are a tad high... But I would go back and try more items in the future.

Quality of Food:
 



Service:
  



Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:




~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment