CHOMP! Views

Monday, May 24, 2010

H/G Weekend: Day 1: Dinner 2

Cafe 101
9889 Bellaire Blvd # 101
Houston, TX 77036
(713) 272-8828
www.cafe101houston.com
Price: $

So...we're crazy....since time is limited in Houston, we wanted to hit all the spots we wanted to go to. After dinner, we went to Cafe 101 on Bellaire Blvd. for MORE food....dinner #2...haha....

My bf and I really like this place. Since there's not really any place in Dallas to get Taiwanese style food, we always try to make time when we are in Houston. It's also open late.

It was packed when we arrived around 11pm, we had to wait a bit to get a table!

We were still pretty full but decided to get something to share. I didn't want anything sweet so I picked Pork Intestine in Fire Hot Pot (pork intestine, pork blood, and vegetable in hot pot) $7.95~
I LOVE pork intestines, one of my favorite things of all time. I've had better at home and in Taiwan of course, but this was pretty good. The flavor was all there but it could've been spicier. Also, the menu said "pork" blood, but it was duck blood...which is much better in my opinion. Pork blood is drier and grainier. Duck is nice and smooth. If you're not very adventurous in food, then this is probably not the choice for you...but they have plenty of other dishes and snacks that also sound really tasty. There was soo much food...it came with white rice, potato salad, and eggroll. If I didn't have dinner beforehand, I think this would've been even better.

I wish we had a place like this in Dallas...I would be there A LOT. I will go back next time I'm in Houston.

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment