CHOMP! Views

Friday, June 19, 2009

How many guys does it take to make a good burger?

Apparently 5 guys! hehehe :P

Five Guys Burger and Fries
13350 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75240
(972) 239-8470
http://www.fiveguys.com/

Price: $

My boss took the team out for lunch the other day. He’d been hearing people rave about the Five Guys Burgers and Fries at the Galleria for awhile and decided we needed to check it out for ourselves.

It’s on the bottom floor of the Galleria Mall. It was packed when we got there and stayed packed until we left. The place looks just like their website… You’ll know what I’m talking about if you’ve seen both. Haha. You order at the counter and they call your number to pick up at the counter.

Basically you build your own burger. They only have 4 choices of burgers: hamburger, cheeseburger, bacon burger, and bacon cheeseburger (under 2 categories: regular and little) but you get to choose your own toppings for no extra charge. You can get as many toppings as you want.

I ordered the Little Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomatoes, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, jalapeno peppers and hot sauce on the side…which was a little over $4~ total.

The burger was just the right size…not too big, but packed with toppings! :) To my surprise the burger was not at all greasy. The flavor was great and the buns were soft. My only complaint was the bottom bun was a little too thin and kinda got soggy. I think also because I got so many toppings…haha. I really enjoyed it and it didn’t make me feel too heavy after lunch.

We also got a large order of fries (Cajun style) to share. It was MORE than enough for the 4 of us. The fries were seasoned generously and had a nice kick to it. I also dipped it in my hot sauce for more heat…even though it probably didn’t really need it. It was quite addicting…I couldn’t stop eating it even though I was full. :P

The prices were reasonable. You can get a good size burger for about $5 or so. I definitely recommend this place if you want a good burger with fresh ingredients without paying too much.

Here are some additional facts about Five Guys that I found to be pretty positive:

- They don’t have freezers there. They only have coolers. The beef is fresh and never frozen.
- They only use Idaho potatoes fried in peanut oil…and no trans fat.
- The hamburger and hot dog buns are specially made for them from specially selected bakeries.

Quality of Food:

Service (at the counter):

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:



~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment