CHOMP! Views

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Healthy Me~

I saw on the Art Institute's online newsletter the other day about a culinary graduate serving up healthy food in Coppell. Since I'm currently going to AI Dallas and I love food...it caught my attention.

Healthy Me Art Cafe
240 North Denton Tap Road #440
Coppell, TX 75019
(972) 745-3900
http://www.healthymecafe.com/

Price: $

They serve healthy and tasty food at a reasonable price. Everything on the menu is under $10. This definitely interested me, and I had to go check it out.

The decor was eh...a small front area that sold healthy snacks and drinks, in the middle were tables and chairs and in the back was a kitchen (they do adult and kids cooking classes apparently). We placed our orders in the front register and sat down to wait for them to bring out our food.


I got the Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwich (served on whole wheat bread with choice of side). Side: Strawberry Spinach Salad (baby spinach topped with sliced strawberries, crumbled bacon, diced red onion, toasted pecans, and feta cheese with poppy seed vinaigrette) $5.95~
This was a great deal. It wasn't too much food or too little. The portions were just right. The chicken sandwich was pretty good, slightly dry but I guess you can't expect a lot of mayonnaise on a healthy sandwich...hehe. It was very light but had good flavor. I would order it again. The strawberry spinach side salad was really good! The vinaigrette was slightly sweet and did not overpower the salad. The strawberries added a nice sweet contrast in flavor and texture with the crispy bacon and pecans. They use turkey bacon so its leaner and less greasy than regular bacon. I really enjoyed the salad, I would definitely get it again because it was tasty and very healthy. :)

We also got the Asian Shrimp Wrap with choice of side (grilled shrimp, spring mix, green bell peppers, green onion, sliced cucumber served with healthy soy sauce). Side: Sweet Potato Fries (baked sweet potato strips) $5.95~ The wrap wasn't as good. Everything was very fresh but I think they should've seasoned the shrimp more. It was a little bland. The soy dipping sauce was kind of weird, but it was ok. The sweet potato fries were good. I LOVE sweet potato fries and it definitely felt better that these were baked instead of fried. With a little bit of tabasco...they were MmmMmm gooood!

It was a good and healthy lunch. And it was quite filling. We also go the Chocolate Brownie (made with natural/organic ingredients infused with spinach, blueberries and oats) $1.95~ and had to take it to go. The brownie was moist and quite good. You can't taste the spinach and blueberries in it at all but its nice to know they are in there to add extra vitamins and minerals. It is definitely a nice alternative to satisfy that chocolate craving without as much calories and fat.

I would recommend everything we've tried except maybe the shrimp wrap. When I go again I definitely want to explore more options. I just wish it was a little closer to home... So if you are in the 121/Denton Tap area and you want more healthy options, definitely go check it out. Just don't expect much service...


Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:



~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment