CHOMP! Views

Friday, February 20, 2009

My FIRST post!! :) "Rise No 1"

My blog has OFFICIALLY started!! YAY! Took me long enough to finally get started...haha.

So...for my first post, I wanted it to be somewhere really cool and special. :) Went there for Valentine's Day (well, the day after...haha) but it was SUPER good!!

Rise No 1
5360 West Lovers Ln #220
Dallas, TX 75209
(214) 366-9900
risesouffle.com

It's called "Rise No 1", located on Lovers Lane and Inwood. It specializes in souffles and French cuisine. It's a cute little place with outdoor seating. The inside is very quaint and quite romantic. The price is a little high for my wallet, but the food was DELICIOUS and different than the norm. I will definitely go back again~

Now for the pictures!! :D




















We did a late lunch/tea time kind of thing. I got the Chamomile and he got the Earl Grey. The little tea pots were pretty cute! Although the water was not hot enough for me...















We ordered the Rise No 1 salad: baby greens, blue cheese, roasted pecans, Granny Smith apples & pecan vinaigrette. $6~

It's basically the house salad. I was a little hesitant at first because it seemed like there was a lot of dressing on there. I'm not a fan of salad drowning in dressing. But it was surprisingly light, and slightly sweet. A very good starter.

Then we moved on to the savory souffle. This is the Herb & Spicy Sausage Souffle. $16~

Technically I've never had a REAL souffle, but I've had an idea of how they should be. This was super fluffy and light. The top crust of it was slightly crunchy and cheesy. The inside consistency was like a steamed egg (if you've ever had one). Tasted slightly like a pizza since its cheesy with sausage. Overall I LOVED it. Really light, flavorful, and well cooked.


After savory is SWEET of course! :D My favorite course of a meal! We got 2 different desserts...























The first is the Bread Pudding Souffle. $12~ It's the same size as the savory souffle!! When it's served, the waiter uses the spoon to poke a hole in the top of the souffle and pours the cream down the middle. It was quite sweet...tasted just like a regular bread pudding, but has the light/airy consistency instead of a normal dense bread pudding. Personally, I like the texture of regular bread pudding, so I wasn't as fond of this. Don't get me wrong...it was still really good!















Next is the Gateau de Chocolat. $9~

This was almost heaven... I'm a HUGE chocolate lover, so anything chocolate is good in my standards. haha. This is bascially what you would call a chocolate "lava" cake...where the middle has molten chocolate that oozes out when you break it open. (I'm drooling as I'm writing this...) One of the best molten chocolate cakes I've had EVER. The cake was super moist, the middle had a good amount of molten chocolate, and the outside had a nice thin crisp shell to it. Slap on a side of vanilla ice cream is just the icing on the cake! :P YUM-MYYYYY~

So...to sum it up... my personal rating system:

(1-really bad ~ 2-mehh... ~ 3-it's not bad ~ 4-pretty good! ~ 5-almost perfect!!)

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value (was the food worth the money):

Overall Experience:


I totally recommend this place to everyone. And I hope you have just as great of a time as me! ^.^

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment