CHOMP! Views

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Kimchi Stylish Korean Kitchen

I had lunch with several friends about a month ago, they chose to go to Kimchi, a fairly new place in the H-mart area in Carrollton. I've heard it's good and have been wanting to try. The place is not very big, but super cute, light colored wood tables and chairs. The decor reminded me of being in Korea, very quaint.

Kimchi Stylish Korean Kitchen
2625 Old Denton Rd. #320
Carrollton, TX 75007
(972) 242-9242
http://kimchi-kitchen.com/
Price: $$

Maekombap (kimchi's spicy tomato sauce, julienne green onion, cheese, and choice of meat; with side of pickled radish) $8.95~ 
 
I wasn't sure what this is but it was indicated as spicy so I thought I'd give it a try. The waitress described it as a spicy fried rice. I chose beef as the meat. It was delicious. I was hesitant about the cheese at first but you really can't taste it. It mostly added a creaminess to the fried rice. It wasn't really spicy at all but the tomato sauce had a nice flavor. I've never had anything like this in Korean cuisine before! I loved the green onions on top for crunch and freshness. Plus it added a nice splash of color. The beef was seared nicely and went really well with the rice. The portion was pretty big too. I took half of it to go and had it for lunch the next day. :) I would totally get this again.

Side Salad (mixed greens; picture seen above) $2.95~? Since the fried rice didn't have much veggies in it, I got a salad. It wasn't on the menu but the waitress said they had it. I think it was only $3... and it was in a fairly big bowl. I really liked the dressing, I think it was ginger vinaigrette.

Bulgogi Bokkeumbap (bulgogi fried rice; with side salad and kimchi) $7.75~ Two friends got this. It's probably the best bang for your buck. Comes with the fried rice, salad, and kimchi. And the plate was nicely presented. It was yummy.
 

Small Cool Smoked Beef (certified USDA choice beef, julienne green onion, salad, kimchi's mustard sauce) $6.95~ One friend also got this. It was very pretty and impressive looking. The beef was sliced thinly and definitely full of smoky flavor. If you want something lighter, this is a good choice.

Grilled Pork Belly (with three dips: sesame sauce, kimchi's mustard, doen-ma, julienne green onion salad; served with rice and kimchi) $12.95~ 
Two other friends got this. I so wanted to as well since I lurrrrv pork belly. But I'm trying to eat less fatty meats cuz my cholesterol's gone up! Getting old... :( The meat was grilled well. It was chewy yet tender, how pork belly should be. The sauces were all good. Koreans definitely know how to cook their meats!

The prices seemed a little high when I first got there, but seeing the quality and portions, I'd say it's pretty decent. I would definitely go there again. :)

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:




~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment