CHOMP! Views

Monday, July 7, 2014

Sad News: Rathbun's Blue Plate Kitchen is Closed :(

I found out this past weekend that one of my favorite restaurants in Dallas has closed. I'm sad to say that Chef Kent Rathbun's Blue Plate Kitchen is no longer in business. I was devastated when I found out. It is one of the only restaurants that I consistently recommend to friends and out of towners. When people find out I have a food blog, they always ask one question, "what is your favorite restaurant in Dallas?" Blue Plate Kitchen is usually my answer. I consistently had great service there, never had a bad experience. Over the years, I've celebrated several birthdays, special occasions, company lunches, and friend get togethers... it holds a special place in my heart. I'm not sure why it closed, but I certainly hope Chef Rathbun decides to find a new location and reopen it. I will truly miss the awesome bread basket, best fried chicken, and most of all the amazing staff (which some have come to know me) which always made every visit a memorable one. I even celebrated my 50,000 views on CHOMP! there! (I think Blue Plate Kitchen also got my first ever 5 cookie rating, back in 2009 when I first started my blog...)

Sad face. :( I will really miss this place. What am I going to recommend to people now??!
 

I hope they see my plea to reopen it in a new location... (Plano perhaps?? *wink*wink*)

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment