CHOMP! Views

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Florida Trip 2015: Wild Sea Oyster Bar and Grille

When in Florida, eat seafood, right? My friends really wanted to get some seafood during the trip. We ventured into Las Olas Saturday night by the water taxi, that was a pretty cool experience. Sailed by all the super rich people's mansions.

We strolled around Las Olas and came upon Wild Sea. There wasn't that many other seafood options so we decided to give this place a try.

Wild Sea Oyster Bar and Grille
620 E. Las Olas Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
(954) 467-2555
www.wildsealasolas.com
Price: $$$$

We got some Foccacia to start... it was so freaking good!

Cocktail

Some of my friends wanted oysters... they were pretty expensive but we're on vacation! haha. East Coast Oysters (served with cocktail sauce, Florida citrus, red wine mignonette) $3~ each. We got 18 pieces first round. 2nd Round was 2 dozen (24 pieces). Wow... that's a lot of oysters. They all really enjoyed them.

Wild Sea Lobster Bisque (lobster meat, saffron oil) $10~ Poured table side... I always like that presentation for soups.

Grilled Octopus (garlic aioli, blueberry coulis, slab bacon) $13~ 
I wasn't super hungry, so I went with an appetizer and a side. The waiter told me this was just one tentacle... I didn't expect such a big tentacle. hahaha. Really fantastic. The octopus was super tender and the flavors with the aioli, blueberry and bacon complemented each other really well. And it was super filling. Loved it!

Cauliflower Mac N' Cheese $7~ 
This was my side dish. It was also bigger than I expected. The pasta turned out to be orzo... which I wasn't a huge fan of. Prepared as mac n cheese, the orzo was overcooked and got lost in the cheese. There wasn't enough cauliflower in my opinion. Was an ok dish... if they had used a different pasta, this could've been great.

Atlantic Monkfish Loin (stone ground grits, smoked gouda, sweet corn succotash) $29~ Everyone loved the grits. The fish itself was kind of meh. I mean, it was a good piece of fish, but got shadowed by the grits.

Grilled Ahi Tuna (spicy broccolini, shiitake mushrooms, caramelized shallot-mirin soy reduction) $34~ Gorgeous color on the ahi tuna. My friend enjoyed it.

I forgot what this is... special of the day. But it's a seared fish, skin on. With squash and eggplant and frisee. I loved the plating of this. A pretty tower of food. The squash blend in whatever sauce that was, was bomb!!

We enjoyed this meal... so much food!! haha. And everyone got their seafood fix. :) Service was good, and the decor was nice. I'd recommend it if you are in Las Olas.

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:




~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

1 comment:

  1. I think water taxi is a good name of boat. Pictures of different foods show how much they are tasty. We are running taxi business in Detroit. Detroit airport taxi offer flat rates to customers. We are a registered taxi company.

    ReplyDelete