CHOMP! Views

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Brunch at Lark on the Park

I wanted to let you all know that I've recently been selected by MyFab5 as one of their 3 Community Leaders to represent their Instagram @bestfooddallas. Eeeeks! I'm so excited. The 3 of us basically take control of their Instagram account every week and share with the Dallas community what awesome places are in town to eat! So if you have Instagram, follow @bestfooddallas! And @chompdallas if you haven't already. :P You'll get to see my daily food (and other life... but mostly food) adventures. :)

Once the 3 Community Leaders were chosen and introduced to each other, we decided to meet up in person for fooding and meet-and-greet. Now, who doesn't like brunch?! We decided to meet at Lark on the Park for Saturday brunch. 2 of us had never been but was on our list to try.

Lark on the Park
2015 Woodall Rodgers Fwy.
Dallas, TX 75201
(214) 855-5275
http://larkonthepark.com/
Price (for brunch): $$

I had made a reservation online for noon. We were seated immediately once we arrived. Parking is pretty sparse over by Klyde Warren Park, so I suggest you do the complimentary valet at the garage right next to the restaurant.

I liked the space inside, it was bigger than I expected. High ceilings allowed the place to look brighter. It's also go big windows facing the park so you can enjoy the view.

We all kinda thought it was going to be awkward since none of us knew each other. But it wasn't at all. Food brings everyone together so we had a good base set already. It was just like having lunch with friends. We got to know each other, shared our favorite places to eat, etc. It was a lot of fun!

I chose the Asparagus Tart (fromage blanc, gruyere, prosciutto di parma, fried egg) $14~ It was a good portion size. I really enjoyed it. The tart was nice and flaky. It had a lot of flavor and I loved the prosciutto and fried egg on top. It was definitely filling without pushing me over the edge.

Smoked Salmon & Pumpernickel (salmon roe, cream cheese, cucumber, capers, tomato, red onion) $13~ (top right)

Fried Egg Sandwich (bacon, gruyere, toasted sourdough, arugula, fried potatoes) $12~ (bottom left) This was a huge sandwich! I got to try some of the potatoes. They were fried really well and yummy!

We had a great time. Hopefully we'll have another outing soon! :)

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:





~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment