CHOMP! Views

Sunday, September 4, 2011

LA Burger

Ahhhhh! I FINALLY got to go to LA Burger in Irving! I've been hearing about it for the past month or so and my bf has been there like 4 times already... I was beginning to feel left out! haha.

LA Burger
10045 N. MacArthur Blvd. Ste# 113
Irving, TX 75063
(972) 501-9188
http://www.la-burger.com/
Price: $

My weekends are pretty jam packed so Sundays are typically the only day I can drive out to try something...but they are closed on Sundays! *tear* I didn't think I was gonna be able to go this weekend again, but last minute my scheduled opened up on Saturday and I snatched that opportunity!

It's located in a more residential area in a small strip center. Walking in, the decor was pretty basic and you place your order at the counter. I liked the style of their menu on the wall. It was written in colored chalk and has a fun little design to each option. It brings a cute and relatable factor. I also got a kick out of their "Soju St." street sign on top of the register. haha. There were only a few tables when we arrived, but as we ate, more and more people came in. I'm glad business is doing pretty well!

Of course I had to try the famous LA Burger (fried kimchi, fried egg, American cheese, jalapenos, lettuce, tomato) $6.95~
I've heard so many great things about it and seen so many pictures. Can't go wrong with kimchi and a fried egg on top! It was a good sized burger. Slightly bigger than those you would find in In-n-Out or Mooyah and stuff. It was pretty freaking amazing! Sorry my picture does not do it justice at all. The meat was juicy and tender. I love love loved the sauteed kimchi and egg. Next time I would definitely request more kimchi though. Since it's sauteed, the kimchi wasn't too sour and just added a hint of spicy. Personally I wanted it spicier so I dunked it in some sriracha which was awesome! haha. And the egg...cooked perfectly. The yolk was just runny enough but not too runny to explode all over your hands. Every bite was delicious and all the elements worked together. And it wasn't too heavy or greasy! I liked the buns as well. It was soft but held up to the juiciness of the ingredients well. It definitely did not disappoint! Even after my super high expectations!


One of my friends got the K-Town Burger (fried kimchi, lettuce, tomato, teriyaki sauce, spicy sauce, jalapenos) $5.95~
It's similar to mine minus the egg plus teriyaki sauce. I just tried one small bite. You can taste the teriyaki sauce but it wasn't overwhelmingly sweet, which is good. But it wasn't as good as the LA burger cuz it's missing that egg! hehe. So if you are not an egg person, you can opt for this one.

My bf got the Asian Hogi's (Dejigogi - Korean style pork marinated in spicy sauce; lettuce, tomato, mayo in a lightly buttered and toasted hogi bun) $5.75~
It looked soo good! The hogi was FILLED with pork. The pork was super tender and had just enough fat. The flavors were bold and really great. And the hogi bun had great texture and held up to the meat well.

Another friend got the Asian Tacos (Bulgogi - traditional Korean marinated beef; onions, cilantro, spicy sauce served on 2 fire-grilled corn tortillas) $4.95~
He wasn't too hungry so the tacos were just the right portion. You get 3 tacos to an order. I'm not a fan of corn tortilla so I didn't try a complete bite. I tried the bulgogi and it was pretty standard. I think they should actually sautee the bulgogi with kimchi and put that in the tacos. That would add a lot more flavor! My friend really liked it. He said the sauce on it was awesome.

And we HAD to get the K-Town Fries $5.95~
It looked amazing! Fries loaded with sauteed kimchi, onions, bulgogi, cheese and cilantro. It's a meal by itself! It is easily shareable between 2-4 people depending on how hungry you are. The bulgogi and kimchi flavors were great. This is what needs to be in the tacos!! I would also get more kimchi on this as well. It was delicious!

All the ingredients were fresh and the burgers are made with 100% certified Angus beef. The flavors were interesting and worked together beautifully. I don't think I can have a regular burger again...since I loved the sauteed kimchi so much!!! haha.

I also got to meet one of the owners, Ben. He was super nice...goes around checking on all the customers to make sure things were great. I will definitely be going back in the future. I just hope they can open on Sundays and maybe relocate to Plano in the future!! hehehe.

Go check it out!! You won't be disappointed! :)

Quality of Food:
Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:
 







~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

1 comment:

  1. Ate at the location in Carrolton twice last week. Had the BBQ Bacon Burger with O rings on it one day and the K town. really good seasoned curly fries. Crisp onion rings. Wow the bun is soooooo good. The meat is real juicy and they use real bacon and not the frozen precooked junk. Unreal flavor. Well Worth the drive from Hurst. Service is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete