CHOMP! Views

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Reverse" Happy Hour ^.~

I recently discovered that Houlihan’s in Addison has Happy Hour AND ‘reverse’ Happy Hour. Monday-Friday from 4:30-6:30PM then again from 9:30PM – close. How awesome is that?!? Great place to go for a Friday night! However, it’s only in the bar area so it gets a little packed…

Houlihan's
5225 Belt Line Rd., Ste 220
Dallas, TX 75254
(972) 386-0689
http://www.houlihans.com/
Price: $ (for Happy Hour)

We went on a Friday night around 9:30PM…all the tables and seats were taken. :( But on my way from the bathroom, I spotted a table signing their check! I immediately asked if we could have their table. Haha. SCORE!

We sat down and took a look at their happy hour menu. Basically, appetizers are all $6, beers and certain cocktails are half price. Their special was on Long Island Ice Teas (vodka, rum, gin, and sweet & sour)…and they have 9 different kinds!!

We got the “Texas” (with Tequila, Triple Sec, and cranberry) and “Georgia Peach” (with Peach Schnapps and cranberry). They have a glass for $6.50~ or a 1-Liter Pitcher for $7.50~ (full price). Of course we got the pitcher!! Half-price, baby!! $3.50 a piece!! The Georgia Peach was a little too sweet but the Texas was pretty tasty. My friends say its slightly watered down…but I’m not a big drinker so it was plenty strong for me! Haha.

Now its time for the fooood! I was craving dessert so I got the “Three’s Company”, where you pick any 3 of their desserts. $7.50~ I picked the White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie, Snickers Crunch Ice Cream Dome, and Vanilla Bean Crème Brulée. YUMM!! (It goes in order from left to right in the picture) The crème brulee was pretty standard so I would say I liked the other two better. It was EVEN better when I mixed the chocolate sauce from the Snickers dome with the cream pie! Hehe.
Next we have the Spinach Dip with Cheesy Lavosh Crackers (normally $9.25~). The dip was creamy and went well with the crispy crackers.





We also ordered the Miniature Burger Threesome (Tillamook cheddar, ranch style greens, with side of fries) (normally $8.95~). I’ve heard great things about their sliders so I guess I had high expectations. It was good, but not spectacular…might’ve also been that I already had dinner before so I wasn’t very hungry…haha.


The Lettuce Wraps (chicken sauté, julienne carrots and jicama, wonton strips, lettuce cups) are next…normally $8.75~. I’ve had this as lunch before. It’s very good, and just enough to be a satisfying lunch. The wonton strips add an extra crisp along with the tender chicken. I think it’s better than the lettuce wraps at Cheesecake Factory, if you’ve ever had it there…


Lastly, we had the Seared Rare Tuna Wontons (soy glaze, wasabi mayo, Napa slaw) (normally $8.95~). I didn’t get to try this one at all so I’m not sure how it was. I wasn’t too impressed with the portions though…6 measly pieces of tuna…luckily we got it at a discounted price.


We had a GREAT time there. I was soooo full! If you are looking for a hip, lively spot with good food and drink specials, I definitely recommend Houlihan’s Happy Hour. Just make sure you go a little earlier to get seats, otherwise you’ll have to stand with no where to put your food.


I give it for all categories:
Quality of Food, Service, Cleanliness, Value, and Overall Experience.


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~


No comments:

Post a Comment